1. Parents/ Guardians are bound by school rules in all respects. These rules may shift occasionally. In all matters of dispute, the decision of the Principal remains binding on the Parents/ Guardians.
2. According to the rules of the school, Parents / Guardians must accept and authorize participation of their wards in all our compulsory educational and recreational programmes. These may be field trips, tours, treks, camps, sports, cultural functions etc.
3. The Parents / Guardians will hold the school indemnified against all claims arising through illness, accident or any other cause.
4. The Parents / Guardians will authorize the Principal and through him, the staff of the school to act as local parents for their wards while they are in the school or on tours, treks, camps etc.
5. The Parents / Guardians will authorize the Principal to take necessary action on their behalf in case of any emergency operation or condition, where their permission is needed but cannot be obtained in time.
6. The Parents / Guardians will agree that in the event of their child / children being withdrawn during the course of the year, whatever the reason, the full fee laid down by the school for the whole year must still be paid.
7. The acts of smoking, using tobacco in any form, using alcoholic drinks, partaking or being in possession of drugs, leaving the school premises without permission are strictly prohibited and condemned. Students found engaging in unwholesome activities with prohibited substances will be expelled from the school.
8. The Principal is fully empowered to remove a student from school and hostel if the student fails to abide by the discipline of the school. If the Principal feels that the student’s continued presence within the Institute is detrimental to the other students of the school the student will be expelled. Students can also be removed from the school if they repeatedly fail to raise their performance to the academic standard expected of him/her, especially when detention in the same class would make the student too old for his / her class.
9. All Parents will sign a binding contract with the school at the time when their ward joins the school, signifying their acceptance of these fundamental rules.
1 . Food parcels from parents are not encouraged. In case they are sent, the contents of parcels will be shared by the inmates of the Hostel.
2. Students are not allowed to keep cash with them. No paper money is to be given to them before entering our premises or sent directly to the students through post or other means. Unauthorized paper money found with the students may be confiscated and consequently credited to their personal accounts for safety. Students can only be given pocket money if it is deposted in their personal accounts as per school rules. Borrowing and lending of money or other personal items between the students is also strictly prohibited.
3. Students of class I to IX are expected to write one letter every week. In writing to and for a student, the letter must bear the A/C No. of student, the class and House of the student. Changes of address or phone numbers should be immediately communicated to the school immediately on a clearly expressed letter with the header “Change of Address”.
4. Students are discouraged to possess expensive electronic devices for entertainment uses. These include ipods, ipads, cameras, stereo systems, speakers, portable televisions, cellphones and other such expensive articles. This is to guard against theft, competitiveness and jealousy amongst the students. School will not entertain any complaint against any damage or loss of such articles.
5. Non-uniform clothing is not allowed to be worn on the school premises at any given time.
6. For ordinary ailments parents are not informed. If a student is admitted to the hospital, a communication is sent to the guardians.
7. All correspondence by parents / guardians regarding the student should be addressed to the Principal.
8. Parents and guardians are not expected to meet their wards directly inside their Hostels. They should meet them through their Housemasters. The parents and guardians are also requested not to visit their wards too often.
9. Ragging in any form is strictly prohibited. Harassment, stealing, teasing or any form of ill treatment inflicted on juniors or other students will constitute as a serious offence and may result in the expulsion of the offender from the school.
10. No fund raising or collection for any purpose may be done inside the school premises.
Leave Rules :
Normally our students are not permitted to go on leave during the middle of the term except in outstanding cases such as those stated below:
a) Students may be allowed a maximum of 3 days leave if there is an important event or emergency within their family. However, this kind of absence shall not be granted during examination period.
b) Leave may be granted for special medical treatment, provided the episode is detailed with authorised medical documents.
Parents or Guardians must write a letter of request addressed to the School authorities in order to receive a leave of absence for their ward. Telephonic requests are not validated. Students are not allowed to ask for leave through any means. Parents and Guardians are expected to bring their children back to School on the scheduled date that has been approved by authorities, Failure to demonstrate this responsibility might hamper the child’s chances of being readmitted to the school premises.
Boarders who have gone out due to some disease will have to produce the medical fitness certificate before they are taken back.
Sound discipline creates the backbone of our Institute. A student fears suspension, expulsion and rustication if he/she is found guilty of misconduct, insubordination, disobedience, theft, fraud, damage to or loss of school’s goods or property, absence without leave for more than 10 days, habitual late attendance etc. smoking, conviction in any court of law for any criminal offence involving moral turpitude, giving false information, threatening, abusing or assaulting any school employee or student, abetment of of attempt of abetment of any of the above, failure or refusal to wear school uniform, any action which adversely affects the good governance of the institution.
School shall provide an escort for the students if the number is more than five from one particular place. Parents will have to make their own arrangement for their wards to travel to and from the school at the beginning and end of the term. No student will be allowed to leave the school unescorted unless the parents give their consent in writing.
Academic session lasts from April to March. The first term is from April to October and the second term from November to March. School has three long vacations when the boarders are permitted to go to home.
• If a student is to be withdrawn after the Annual Examination in March, the intimation must be submitted to the school under receipt by 15th January otherwise fees will become payable up to next September.
• A sum of Rs.100/- is deposited for transfer certificate.
• If a student who has joined in April, seeks withdrawal within 2 to 3 months fees will be payable up to December, to partially compensate the school for the loss due to seat remaining vacant for the whole of the academic year.
• The student leaving school without information/permission will be liable to pay full charges of the year.